Did you know that Tunedge is a major supplier of ambient, meditative, lo-fi yoga music for the Peloton fitness network?
Our deep catalog of production music includes tons of great music for calming your mind, relaxing your body, and melting away anxiety.
A new article from Kathleen Ferraro on ASCAP’s website spotlights how music provides a welcome tonic to the incessant frenzy of today’s world. New studies have proven that,, among other things, listening to music can calm your nervous system and lower cortisol levels. The same goes for actually playing music: it provides catharsis, decreases anxiety, and improves overall mental health.
The article points out specific ways that the healing powers of music actually affect us:
- Music triggers pleasure: Dopamine, a powerful neurotransmitter, is boosted in your brain when we listen to music.
- Calms nervous system: Music can influence your biological processes by slowing down (or speeding up) your heartbeat, blood pressure and breathing.
- Emotional release: playing music allows a safe, easy way to release negative emotions through your body and mind.
- Staying present: Music can force the listener to stay grounded in the current moment, rather than worrying about the future or past.
- Distraction from stress: Our brains are keen to focus on a single stimuli (like music) rather than the seemingly endless feeds of social media, for example.
- Fostering creativity: It allows for relaxation and clarity” by shifting back to your central nervous system’s “rest and digest” mode.
- Facilitating connection: Perhaps enjoying music alongside strangers at a concert, or forming a relationship with a new collaborator.