Happy Earth Day From Tunedge
Earth Day is a day meant for education around environmental issues, and it was founded in 1970. It is now globally celebrated for an entire week in April, known as Earth Week. It was created by Senator Gaylord Nelson, and began as a national “teach-in.”
“The wire services carried the story from coast to coast. The response was electric. It took off like gangbusters. Telegrams, letters and telephone inquiries poured in from all across the country. The American people finally had a forum to express its concern about what was happening to the land, rivers, lakes and air—and they did so with spectacular exuberance.”
Happy Earth Day, everyone at Tunedge. If you are having an environment party or need any other music for your Earth Day festivities, call us for your licensing needs.
Here are a few classic tunes to celebrate your Earth Day this year:
- The Beach Boys – “Don’t Go Near The Water” – “Don’t go near the water to do it any wrong, to be cool with the water is the message of this song.”
- Michael Jackson – “Earth Song” – “Did you ever stop to notice, this crying Earth, this weeping shore?”
- The Talking Heads – “Nothing But Flowers” – “Once there were parking lots, now it’s a peaceful oasis. You got it.”
- Pixies – “This Monkey’s Gone To Heaven” – “There was a guy, an underwater guy who controlled the sea, got killed by 10 million pounds of sludge from New York and New Jersey.”
- Mos Def- “New World Water” – “It’s the New World Water, and every drop counts. You can laugh and take it as a joke if you wanna, but it don’t rain for four weeks some summers.”
If you want to find more great music for all your music licensing needs, you can search now or check us out on YouTube! Happy Earth Day!